2009-12-16

Dear ... Christmas & New Years





It is almost Christmas and soon it will be New Years, and I do not have any plans. My family is, how can I put it, all over the place and I am here. Everyone is asking the big question of

"What are your plans?"

I don't have any.

I'm not doing the big family dinner because that table has been vacant for years, or at least I should say my seat has been collecting cobwebs. But I also keep telling myself I don't believe in Christmas anyway. New Years is more important.

Ok, they ask "What are your plans for New Years?"

I don't have any, yet.

In the back of my mind I am hoping my knight in shining armor will whisk me away somewhere special, but my knight has other duties. Duties that I am aware of but not a part of. My friends' knights are free to come to their rescue and unfortunately there is no room on the white horse for one more damsel.

So for now I will sit inside my tower. Waiting. And dreaming of a table with people and laughter and someone kissing the back of my neck ,sitting next to me and wishing me Happy Holidays.

3 comments:

  1. Hiiio! thanks for your sweet words, your blog is always on top!

    @ MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful picture.s thanks for visiting me. the name came from both a pun& my love for edie. its a mix of those. well. sweden is ok. but london..is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be in London for NYE.
    Join me @ the Fabric !

    ReplyDelete